ALL AGES. ALL RACES.
INCLUSIVE SINCE INCEPTION IN 1984, M·A·C CELEBRATES DIVERSITY AND INDIVIDUALITY
Through our plan of action announced last October, M·A·C UK & Ireland continues to stand with and support the black community in the ongoing fight against systemic racism.
HERE IS OUR PROGRESS:
COMMUNITY INVESTMENTStriving to promote more diverse representation in the arts, we will continue to take action to increase visibility and representation in the industry.
ACTIONS:• Announcing the M·A·C UK & Ireland Equal Futures Scholarship at Central Saint Martins, which supports an ethnic minority student for the entirety of their fashion design course
• Continuing our 21-year partnership with Ballet Black, to support their mission to affect change in the number of Black and culturally diverse dancers reflected in mainstream ballet companies
• Launching M·A·C’s Tomorrow’s Artist Programme, a six-week course to up-skill and empower diverse makeup students in partnership with Incredible Brilliant Youth
• Supporting FUZE Bristol, the largest all-inclusive, student-run collective of creatives
AMPLIFYING BLACK VOICESWe are investing in Black-owned businesses, artists and creators to drive important continuing conversations.
ACTIONS:• Collaborating with new media company gal-dem to create a content series that inspires conversations about diversity in the beauty industry and beauty standards
• Amplifying Black British voices by taking part in Channel 4’s Black to Front Campaign in partnership with Sir Steven McQueen’s production company Lammas Park, starring makeup artist Bernicia Boateng
• Donating to equality pioneer Lady Phyll and her non-profit organisation, UK Black Pride, in support of the black queer community through an industry-leading social donation unlocking campaign commitments
ADVOCATING INTERNALLYWe are dedicated to empowering employees to share their voices, be heard and collectively affect change.
ACTIONS:• Compiling internal M·A·C UK & Ireland Diversity Council to drive momentum and keep allyship a priority
• Forming the Artist-driven Credo Collective to advise and educate the brand about black beauty
• Completing mandatory Unconscious Bias Training for all team members in the UK & Ireland
While our journey is far from over, we are encouraged by the progress to date. We pledge to hold ourselves accountable for these commitments to racial equity and will also drive necessary change for people of other marginalized identities in need of our advocacy and support. Please join us as we continue to build a more equitable future for All Ages, All Races, All Genders.
Credits: Produced By Lammas Park Ltd, Creative Direction & Direction By Cozy Global.
|“ M·A·C’s ethos of ‘All ages. All races. All genders’ is as true today as it was at inception in 1984. Inclusivity is at our core and we’re really proud to launch this brand feature during Black to Front, a short video that spotlights one of the many people who have been empowered by the brand,” Fiona Sainty,
MAC Cosmetics UK & Ireland Vice President General Manager
|“ I’ve always felt at home being a dark-skinned girl at M·A·C, both as a young girl finding her first foundation, and as a professional artist who needs a breadth of shades and formulas for my clients. Filming this and sharing my experience with the brand, with such an incredible and diverse team, was a dream come true.” Bernicia Boateng
AN INCLUSIVE ICON AND BERNICIA'S GO-TO FOUNDATION
M·A·C STUDIO FIX FLUID SPF 15 FOUNDATION
Credits: Creative Director: Eden Loweth @eden_loweth, Art Direction: Ahonen & Lamberg @ahonen_and_lamberg, Styling: Katie Grand@kegrand, Casting: Lucia Blayke & Emily Crooked@luciablayke / @emilycrookedxo, Make Up: Andrew Gallimore @ Of Substance using M·A·C @andrewgallimakeup / @agentofsubstance, Hair: Shon Hyungsun @ The Wall Group @shonju / @thewallgroup, Studio Manager: Elly Beckford@elly_beckford, Production: Blonstein@blonsteinproductions, Millinery: ART SCHOOL x Noel Stewart@noelstewart, Footwear: Dr Martens@drmartensofficial, Watches: ART SCHOOL x Casio@casio, Film & Music: Madd Creative@maddsinceeightyone, Mentor: Cozette McCreery@cozettemc, Studio Assistant: Milla Freya @millafreya, Venue: The Old Truman Brewery @trumanbrewery